Office Support Volunteer
Volunteer’s function is to greet the public, answer the telephone, schedule appointments, and perform basic clerical duties.
1. Ability to represent the American Red Cross professionally in both attitude and appearance.
2. Excellent telephone personality.
3. Ability to handle multiple phone lines simultaneously.
4. A criminal background check will be conducted at the American Red Cross’ expense.
1. Answer incoming calls and transfer to the proper person; take messages correctly.
2. Greet the public.
3. Assure that questions about American Red Cross services are answered correctly and/or by the appropriate person.
4. Label brochures and other documents.
5. Schedule blood donor appointments
Coverage is needed during office hours (8:30am-4:30pm Mon.- Fri.). Shift times and lengths vary depending on volunteer’s availability.